Who doesn’t love easy food? Easy to make, easy to grab on the go, and easy on your bod. I know I do. So I’m excited to share my breakfast bar recipe with you. Not only is it easy, but it’s packed full of nourishing ingredients.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of coconut butter OR 1 1/2 cups of shredded unsweetened coconut in order to make your own butter
- 1 3/4 cups of almond meal OR 1 1/2 cups raw almonds (skins can stay on) to make your own meal (it apparently fluffs up when it’s ground)
- 1 tablespoon (or more, to taste) stevia sweetener blend
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds, also called pepitas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of shredded unsweetened coconut for sprinkling on top
First of all, if you’re going to make your own coconut butter and almond meal, just grind each in a food processor or heavy duty blender – the coconut butter until it’s smooth and creamy, and the almonds until they reach a medium to fine texture.
Here comes the easy! Just mix everything together in a large bowl – the first five ingredients first. And then add in the blueberries. If you want your berries to remain whole in the bars, I suggest using frozen ones because the mixing may smoosh them if they’re fresh. But either way, it’ll be tasty!
Note: It’s going to be a bit clunky with the berries in the mixture. No worries though, it’ll press into your pan and bake up just fine.
Press the mixture into a 8x12 pan and sprinkle a couple tablespoons of coconut on top. Heat your oven to 350 degrees F, and bake for 25 minutes, or until the coconut on top is looking lovely and toasted.
Allow it to cool, slice into bars, and enjoy this body-friendly snack for breakfast, packed in lunches, or between meals for a satisfying little boost.